Horse Sense for Leaders
Please be aware that this course has different locations for day one and day two.
Thursday, September 26: Seahorse Run (Horse Arena), 2733 Whaleyville Boulevard, Suffolk, VA, 23434.
- Please be sure to bring a folding chair and clipboard for note-taking.
- Comfortable clothes and flat shoes are recommended at the arena.
- Coffee, donuts, and fruit will be available in the morning. Lunch will be served.
- Class time is 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (approx).
Friday, September 27: Hilton Garden Inn – Suffolk Riverfront, 100 East Constance Road, Suffolk, VA, 23434.
- Class will be held in hotel meeting room; 8:30 am – 12:00 pm (approx).
- Coffee and Danish will be available in the morning. Lunch is not included on this day.
Horse Sense for Leaders is an exciting opportunity presented by Mountainview Ranch. The best description for the course comes from the organization website:
- The program provides a visual, dynamic demonstration of the practices and principles at the heart of leadership.
- It teaches in a way that allows people to see those practical steps and the results they achieve with their very own eyes. A key to the program’s success is that people give the horse the benefit of the doubt they often deny their human relationships. Rather than discount what they are witnessing or being influenced by the potential baggage that their relationships with humans often carry, participants consistently remain open to observe and reflect on what they are witnessing in the round pen and therefore are more willing to consider what the experience has to offer in terms of their effectiveness with others.
- The program offers a fresh perspective on leadership as attendees observe the interaction between horse and human. The visual imagery, the use of the cowboy-horse relationship as a metaphor for human relationships and the program’s unorthodox setting – an equestrian arena- make the experience unlike any other leadership development program.
A description of the schedule and what to expect from the class is available on the Mountainview Ranch website at https://www.mountainviewranch.co/programs.html. The minimum enrollment for the course is 45. If you have any questions about the course or registration, please contact Scott Harris at email@example.com or Amy Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Horse Sense for Leaders
September 26, 2019 - September 27, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm